Finncon follows Covid-19 regulations and instructions issued by the Finnish government, the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland, the Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District, and the city of Espoo.
These instructions may be subject to change, so please check the latest updates before the event. At the time of writing (6 July 2022), the Helsinki metropolitan area is in the spreading phase of Covid-19. There are no limits to gatherings, but take into consideration that in a free event with hundreds, maybe even thousands of people, disease can spread easily.
The venue has air conditioning and an inner courtyard with an open entrance. Each lecture hall is emptied between program items to ensure proper ventilation. There are multiple dispensers for hand sanitizer. The information desk provides masks, should you need one.
While Covid-19 may not pose the same danger to everyone, we ask our attendees to keep in mind that many people are in at-risk groups.
We can ensure all of our safety with these simple steps:
- If you feel even a little bit sick, do not attend.
- Use a mask, at least in the programme spaces.
- Try to keep a safe distance from others.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve to stop any infections from spreading.
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer.